Miércoles, 14 de Abril de 2010

01 IAN ANDERSON (04'04) Two Short Planks
02 SEAMUS EAGAN - Fermoy Lasses
03 SALLY OLDFIELD - Fire and Honey
04 BRENDAN POWER - Paddy Clancy's Jig - Moyasta Junction
05 PLANXTY - Roger O'Hehir

Fuente de la letra

At the Eight Mile Bridge in the county Down
I had honest parents of fame and renown
Oh had I been obedient and kept the command
I never would have broken the laws of the land

Right follow the Dee

My parents endeavoured to give me honest bread
They bound me apprentice unto the linen trade
All to an honest weaver thet lived hard by
My heart was for rambling I could not comply

One beautiful creature, Jane Sharkey by name
I gained her affections and I was to blame
I own I enticed her and we ran away
My troubles began from the very same day

That beautiful creature I soon left forlorne
For fear of her parents I stepped up the Mourne
But her cruel father pursued me with spite
He made me his prisoner that very same night

It's off to Newry guardhouse straight way I was sent
To whip me next morning it was their intent
When I heard of this, it put me in a fright
I broke Newry guardhouse the very same night

And the guards they pursued me the very next day
The guards I beguiled and I soon got away
I went down to the shore where a vessel it did lay
I set my foot on shipboard to England sailed away

And then when that I landed in sweet Holyhead
I had no honest means for to earn me my bread
And I was loathe to beg but alas I did worse
To make myself money I stole a grey horse

And it's then when I landed once more on Irish ground
I soon began my tricks again near a fair in Newry town
For I stole a hat from one Thomas Right
He made me his prisoner that very same night

And it's off to Newry guardhouse once more I was sent
To hang me next morning it was their intent
When I heard of this well it put me in a fright
I knocked down the turnkey and escaped the same night

And the guards they pursued me again the next day
The guards I soon beguiled and once more I got away
Said one unto the other "He'll travel no more"
The very same night Newry Lough I swam o'er

And I rested myself for a day or two in moor
I went to rob a Bleachcream fair I never was before
But they were strong with guards and the Bleachcream within
Surrounded was poor Roger and taken was again

Now Roger was taken but often did get free
It's come now to his turn for to march to the tree
And all his foolish actions he there did declare
And that put an end to old Roger O'Hehir

-----------------------------------------------------------------
recorded by Planxty on "The Woman I Loved So Well" (1980)

"Again we have to thank Sam Henry for this tale. Roger never amounted to much, we fear. He seems to have been best at breaking out of jail. As a petty criminal he was definitely a failure and he even seems fairly relieved himself when faced with the gallows in the last verse"
A. Irvine


06 THE BATTLEFIELD BAND Silver Spear-Humours of Tulla
07 MICK HANLY - Verdant Braes Of Screen
08 COCOON - take off
09 FOOT YARD (04'38) (2007) 06 Plane Song

Wikipedia
- Página Oficial - MySpace
10 JAMES YORKSTON - The Year Of The Leopard
11 JAMES YORKSTON & THE BIG EYES - just as the tide was flowing
11 JAMES YORKSTON - would you have me born with wooden eyes

12 RACHEL UNTHANK & THE WINTERSET - Newcastle Lullaby
13 EMMA POLLOCK - The Optimist



Given the light, Give it some truth
Given the maybe, Give it some proof
This body is cleaner, I'm one to behold
My truth was uncovered, Untainted and told
I loathed the people I considered old

Oh, the optimist

Teach me to follow, Teach me to lead
Teach me to stand up, And how to succeed
As long as I'm upright, I'll try to prolong
The notion that future events must go on
No matter the turn out is right or is wrong

They trusted you
And all the things you often made them do, and now
Everyone smilin'
Telling me I've got to trust you to Do no wrong
'Cause if you do, You just won't
live as long, and now
Everyone's cryin'
Someone's telling them to just stop trying

Given some truth, Call it a lie
Given some action, Ask yourself why
This body is slow, And it's seen it's best days
My truth is uncovered, My negative ways
I'm one of the people I struggle to praise

Oh, the pessimist

Teach me to follow, But never to lead
Teach me to stay down, And never succeed
When everyone's watching, It's hard to admit
The movement of shadows, That lead me to quit
I grapple with time, But I can't make it fit

They trusted you
With all the things you often made them do, and now
Everyone smillin'
Telling me I've got to trust you to Do no wrong
'Cause if you do, You just won't
live as long, and now
Everyone's smilin'
Someone's telling them to just stop trying

14 GOLDFRAPP - Eat Yourself

No hay comentarios:

Martes, 28 de noviembre de 2017

Llan de Cubel Llan De Cubel - [Na Liende #03] Alborado De Maquilo Tarañu - [Al Xeitu de Nenyuri #05] Valse Llan De Cubel - [...